Monday, November 4, 2013

Warming up those white kitchens!



 White kitchens still look GREAT to me.  Started as the "English Kitchen" in trend speak they HAVE taken over.  



Do you think the kitchen designer cringes every time a new client says "and I want an all white kitchen "? I'm not sick of them, though........fresh, clean , bright ....these are all the adjectives we want to describe our kitchens......and the single slabs of Carrara and Statuary marble always make me swoon.  




BUT!!!! it's getting cold around here and I don't know about you but my marble island feels cold when I'm having coffee in the AM even on a not so cold day. We need to warm the kitchen up a bit especially this time of year.  



Open shelves are also a trend and I would like to hear if you love yours.  What about cleanliness?? Don't you just use the top 4 plates??? not to mention keeping them looking neat enough for everyone to see.  I am a cabinet stuffer, though, so maybe I'm not the best measure on whether to have open shelves or not.  Jenny Reinhardt's kitchen, above is so gorgeous and everyone loved it when I posted about her home HERE.   



 I'm off on a different tangent.....the real point of this blog is adding some warmth and some color to your all white kitchens...the soft blues, greens and silver flatware in the picture above is a subtle way.  I love the silver flatware stored in the glasses....looks warm.  




White serving pieces look sculptural against the moss green on these shelves.  



 Awesome floor!  



 The green apples show how an addition of one colorful object can add so much.  Your eye rests here allowing all the details of this beautiful kitchen to sink in.  



Light turquoise upholstery plays with the roman shades.   



Available kitchen touches right now to warm up your space are
Antique blue stoneware bowls $65.00 and $75.00
Hungarian blue glazed kitchen pots $75.00
Retro metal kitchen canisters. $245.00 set
Silver flatware from France currently 40 % off
19th century terracotta cheese plate from France $85.00  




Available.....
Polka dot kitchen pots from Hungary $85.00
Distressed Ironstone soup tureen from France $85.00
2nd shelf white porcelain bowl with lion handles from France $145.00
6 French soup bowls with figural handles $26.00 ea.
Mortar and pestle from France $125.00
19th century Ironstone platter $35.00
3rd shelf vintage blue pitcher $75.00
Antique Hotel silver pitcher $65.00
Vintage diner ice cream bowls $18.00 ea.
Three tier 19th century French server originally $2,400.00 on sale today
for $1,700.00....I have 2!!  



Polka dots would look great in the kitchen!  $85.00.  



Retro vintage metal apple canisters...$245.00 for the set of 4
Vintage Collins glasses with silver leaves and gold .
Set of 7  $75.00 Set of 6 $65.00
Antique copper fish platter from France $185.00 ea. ( I have 2! They look great on the island with green apples or votives)
On the back right of the table I have a vintage Pyrex 4 bowl set, $85.00 set..have you EVER seen them chipped!! Every kitchen should have a set and I love giving them as gifts...colorful staple and they always remind me of baking days from my youth.   



Green glazed Hungarian vases, $75.00, antique blue ironstone bowls, $55.00 and $65.00. Blue  vintage lucite grapes, $75.00, antique copper fish platter from France $185.00 ea.
Antique silver footed chafing dish makes a great wine cooler and fruit bowl, $245.00  




I always love these European bread boards...these are the real antique ones, $225.00.  They work well on upholstered ottomans and to warm your stone kitchen island. Anything made from antique wood adds warmth to the kitchen....I have dough bowls too which are great for fruit.  




Thanksgiving is a few weeks away and above, my sister, used her breadboard to serve her antipasti last year.  




Her candied bacon (recipe below) was a HUGE hit although everything she serves is delicious. As many of you know I have 3 sisters and we all live in the same small town in NJ. Each Thanksgiving we share the meals responsibilities by walking from house to house for each course....it's fun!  How do YOU celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your favorite part of the feast??PLEASE share on my Blog, HERE.

CANDIED BACON

1 lb thick cut sliced bacon
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
Preparation:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 . Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, then place an oven-safe wire rack on top of the pan. Spray the rack liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine all the ingredients except the bacon & toss.
3. Coat the entire piece of bacon with the sugar mixture & place on the rack.
4. Bake 20-30 minutes; it will be firm and crispy and dark along the edges.
 5. Remove bacon from rack immediately.   




 I am off to Europe at the end of the week so follow me on INSTAGRAM to see photos of my new finds and gorgeous places.  It's easy...just download the Instagram app, sign up and follow Bonnyneiman.....Also,  EMAIL ME if I should hunt for something in particular you have be searching for!  Xoxo" 





Warmest regards,
Bonny 

Please note delivery and shipping is available on all items
EMAIL ME with any questions.


Bonny Neiman Antiques & Artisan 
p.973-714-4541
www.bonnyneiman.com
  
Trouvaille
12 Beechwood Road  Summit, NJ
Monday-Saturday 10-5:30
  

No comments:

Post a Comment