Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A BIG REDD SPECIAL SALE!!


While flying through the store recently my head turned and I thought "he looks familiar"....WELLLLL hit me with a brick why don't you, a RED brick by the way!!


Atlanta born designer Miles Redd has been featured in every major design magazine and most recently honored as one of Architectural Digest's AD 100 for the third year in a row! Since 1990 Architectural Digest has been naming the world's preeminent architects and designers to a select group known as the AD100. An arbiter of excellence, this exclusive list recognizes establishment icons and enterprising trailblazers whose work is as inspiring as it is influential.



And he was shopping HERE!! So happy to see him I was gushing! He humbly agreed to a photo with me and was such a sweetheart, hence the special at the bottom of the page!



Pictured above is his sister's brilliant dining room.
Lucky girl!  I guess she didn't torture him as a child.



"Miles Redd is known for his quirky brand of cozy glamour.  His unique aesthetic vision is characterized by playful melanges of high and low, invigorated with whimsical splashes of color and modern gestures"



Hallway above was INSPIRED BY YVES KLEIN'S BLUE PAINTINGS...gorgeous blue....the door looks leather!



A Southampton summer home.



"Miles Redd embarked on his interior design career after graduating from NYU , honing his skills with luminary antiques dealer John Rosselli and decorator Bunny Williams."




Miles comments on the photo, above "MY BATHROOM DOUBLES AS AN ENTERTAINING SPACE". I had heard rumors of this and he clarified the truth to it.....I LOVE HIM FOR THIS!!  I don't know if we should try this in our own homes...



In 1998 he opened his own design firm in New York City's NoHo neighborhood.



A FUN HOUSE IN MILLBROOK.  I love the color of the leather chairs with the amber hurricanes. The books in the bookcase look real to me which I appreciate. "What I mean is the books look as though they have been read, not deliberately placed"



Black, gold and amber....love!



That's real fox fur, folks!  Sumptuous!!



This is the same hallway and a great example of those of you thinking your beautiful antique rugs can't look current. The runner on the stairway complimenting the chair upholstery  and then contrasting with the walls makes this entry so rich and stylish but lived in.



I love this mirror placement...



I also love Miles' use of architecturals as art.  I always suggest this, it adds interest along with the wicker trunk and chair.



I also appreciate the uneven placement of the art and original charcoal drawings.



He has a way of creating perfection without it looking as such. See the ripples in the art when the light hits it?? That's old and REAL! Notice the casual placement of pillows....



"His trademark approach to design has brought to life rooms infused with boldness, fantasy, and sophistication."



Love the banquette!



This room, above, can teach us a lot. So many traditional elements but yet the room looks current!   WHY? First the FANTASTIC lacquered wall......notice how it doesn't have to be a wild color but that shine is so dramatic.  Second is the upholstery choice on the traditional English arm club chairs, a current look. And lastly the impressionist cow painting!  FUN!!

This room above should give courage to so many of you who struggle with updating your comfortable traditional look.  It also should satisfy those husbands who like tradition.  I REALLY love this room.








I thought you would like to see what Miles was interested in from my current inventory, above.






I am happy to now offer Miles beautiful design book THE BIG BOOK OF CHIC, $75.00.   Please email me if you would like a signed copy from Miles. In addition, for a little fun and to celebrate this sweetheart visiting I am offering 15% off anything in the store that's RED this Friday, Valentine's Day. Have some fun when you visit finding the many items that include RED!!

ONE DAY ONLY!!
VALENTINE'S DAY!! TAKE 15% off anything RED!!



Warmest regards,

Bonny 


Please note delivery and shipping is available on all items
EMAIL ME with any questions.


Bonny Neiman Antiques & Artisan 
p.973-714-4541
www.bonnyneiman.com
  
Trouvaille
12 Beechwood Road  Summit, NJ
Mondays 10-4, Tuesdays - Saturdays 10-5:30.
  

4 comments:

  1. I tweeted this out! So funny was totally thinking about Miles today, check out the popular posts at the bottom of my blog , the one on Miles is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW EXCITING!Plus, you recognized him with that hat on??!!!Must have been his smile!!!!!GORGEOUS!
    When are you going to sell me that swan!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that must have been amazing - Not sure I would have recognized him!! Just love his style and his bathroom is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete