Wednesday, August 29, 2012

THE LAST HURRAH and GREAT SALE ITEMS!!


Hi all..I have been meaning to mention I send out a blog letter only when I have new arrivals to the website. Whenever you see a mail or post from me in your mailbox just know there are also new additions to the site, HERE.

 With my new arrivals in port I need to move some large pieces out of the shop to make room. Please enjoy low, low pricing on the following great pieces.  Also, lucky followers from CALIFORNIA please note I deliver to the west coast from New Jersey for just $75.00 a piece.  I have a unique arrangement with a delivery company making regular runs to the west coast.

From France, antique extra thick marble top server, newly painted with a light distressing. Shelf inside.
H 42 w 51. 1/2 d 19 1/2.  $750.00




From France a vintage kilim ottoman/cocktail table on casters.
H 17 w 53 d 31. $650.00




What's with this?? This is a terrific farm table from England, solid in wonderful English pine. A nice deep drawer is a plus.
H 31 1/2 w 70 3/4 d 39 1/2. Apron h 24
On sale for $495.00




Antique Leather Fauteil chairs with nailheads from France,nice and sturdy with walnut turned legs and stretcher. Wonderful dining chairs and also in the living/ family room.  H 43. 1/2 w 25 d 21
On sale $1495.00 for the pair




 This iconic sailfish came from the famous Crystal Room Restaurant in East Hampton, affectionately called "Clam Pies" because of their famous sign and highly kept secret clam pie recipe. Opened in 1959,  this thriving and swanky restaurant in its day,  was purchased by restauranteurs as a banquet hall because "the land is cheap and we can raise our chickens and turkeys".  Boy things certainly have changed on the east end since 1959. Many east end weddings and events took place on site and a favorite photo spot was the extensive gardens with the chickens, I guess!
Originally priced $825.00 on sale for $350.00
H 40 w 82 d 5 1/2


We are off for a last hurrah at the beach this weekend and many of you are requesting food shots so I have included some dishes we made this summer.

I sliced onions in a pan with a little olive oil, white wine and balsamic vinegar and reduced until caramelly and soft. You can do this part days ahead. Take frozen pie crust, any brand like Pepperidge Farm, cut into circles with a cookie cutter or rough free hand pieces ( you can even use sliced French bread) lightly brush with extra virgin olive oil. On each pastry piece place a small nest of the prepared onions, a smear of goat cheese and top with a fresh tomato slice and place on a cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven until the pastry browns. Top with chopped basil. You can also drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.  Simple and delicious!




My son Ryan and brother-in-law Jim shucking the oysters




Clams with corn and chorizo cooked in a wine bath with shallots and basil.




Iced clams on the half shell.




Linguine with shrimp, asparagus and fresh tomatoes.




Grilled split lobster tails basted with a basil butter sauce. Lobster prices have hit an all time low in Maine, I wonder if the great price has trickled down to the east end, we'll see....




This is a terrific delicious easy dessert, I adapted from Ina's recipe using peaches instead of the plums.  I'm sorry I didn't have a better picture with the vanilla ice cream on top, but it was a hit I feel, because of the nuts in the crust. You can use apples in the Fall.

Peach tart Ingredients   
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), diced
1 egg yolk
2 pounds ripe peaches pitted and sliced lengthwise

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the flour, walnuts, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and the egg yolk. Mix, either by hand or with an electric mixer, until crumbly.
Press 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture in an even layer into the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch springform or tart pan. Arrange the peaches in the pan, begin at the outside and work your way in.
Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture evenly over the peaches Bake the tart for 40 to 50 minutes, or until it's lightly browned .Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer the tart to a flat plate. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream.


I think it's a hoot how many of you ask for updates on my sister since my post last year HERE.  She arrived last week at my home with this unbelievable bouquet of hydrangea she cut from her garden....just gorgeous and the flowers were nice, too!




After dealing with 5 bees buzzing around my house I placed them in one of the hand blown Belgian jars I have available...my husband has even been moved to comment on how spectacular they are.....are any of you lucky enough to have these mature trees in your landscape??



In closing I have included a picture of one of my favorite days this summer...having the youngest family members at my house enjoying one of those unplanned hot summer days where a few water balloons and a small pool and the great outdoors entertained them for hours and hours. Their imaginations ran wild as they hooted it up all day, found some frogs, ate ice cream , constructed a tent out of towels and made those precious memories we all treasure from our youth.  At one point they had all the ride on vehicles in the pool!  I hope you had a summer with some special family moments to look back on......I know this Fall will be wonderful!!!


EMAIL me with any questions.....love to see your blog post or read your emails...

We are closed Sundays and Mondays in August.

Happy Summer Days!!

Warmest regards,
Bonny   
Bonny Neiman Antiques & Artisan 
p.973-714-4541
www.bonnyneiman.com
  
Trouvaille
12 Beechwood Road  Summit, NJ
Summer Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10-5:30
  

1 comment:

  1. Love ALL of your items! So very pretty. Your carmelized onion recipe sounds delicious and I am going to give it a try. Your whole meal looked fabulous!

    Your sister and the flowers are beautiful!

    I am looking forward to fall as well. I live in Jackson, Mississippi and our temps and humidity are oppressive right now.

    Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete