Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas planter how to!


WEBSITE UPDATE and CHRISTMAS PLANTER HOW-TO!!!

My son came home this past weekend for his annual trip to "get the tree".  He is VERY "tree specific", lets call it, but I have to say he must be evolving because when he placed his find in the family room this year the size didn't warrant removing every piece of furniture from the room. HE LIKES IT BIG!!  He does a masterful job of placing each light and then scoots back to the city and I have 2 ladders around old tannenbaum for a month while I try and make it look less like Rockefeller Center and more like home....I truly LOVE Christmas but, probably like you, feel a little stressed with all the opportunities for fun. 



I showed a picture of the store planters last week on the blog and many of you commented on them so I thought I could give you a how- to with my own, above. Very easily done.



I went to our larger garden center and bought
Red branches
2 red artificial fruits I poked on green sticks from the gardencenter
2 picks of artificial magnolia leaves ( love the copper color)
Some cedar branches with seeds
Some cedar branches without seeds
Some evergreen boughs
3 "bricks " of oasis foam



Take the 3 bricks and place them hole side down in water, below



They absorb the water and also are easy to poke with stuff but so is dirt already in your pots.



Cut with a knife to fit.  The planter above is 12 inches in diameter




First the plain cedar 




Then add some cedar with the seeds..





Then add the evergreen for some form






Then add the magnolias in the center...the brown color is a nice contrast...and then add.....



red sticks for height.  I really wanted full red berry sprays but they only had short ones.  When I cut them I noticed the garden center had  sprayed healthy branches....the branches weren't even dried out yet .












The fruit....you should try and find plastic as in very cold weather the foam ones usually crack and show the white styrofoam underneath.



VOILA!! I must add that everything looks great in an antique real stone beautifully aged planter. EMAIL ME for pictures of planters I have available.



I placed an antler to bring a little lightness to it. Pinecones also look great!


On Thursday night I had fun hosting a workshop for the UPENN Metro club ! Such a great group of women who were pleasantly surprised at how creative they really are! Keep us in mind for your group meetings where we are happy to open our home for you....book club, home and school meetings, etc. Next week The Bar Method gals will dance in for their holiday party here. Surrounded by beautiful art and comfortable room settings, its a fun night out for all. Pics will be on Instagram and Facebook!


Not just the tree has to glitter! Sissys jewelry has been so well received....one of a kind treasure to give and receive



It's such a wonderful time of year and we all hope you stop by the warehouse to experience with us this great space decorated for the holidays. With it getting darker earlier now it illuminates in late afternoon ..we all just love being here and thank many of you for your warm compliments and for enjoying the special gifts and unique home accessories I have collected for you. I will be returning to my store after Christmas where we will recreate the magic!!  Don't forget to have FUN! XOXO 




Please note delivery and shipping is available on all items 
EMAIL ME with any questions.

Not everything is pictured on the site which is why most of you are enjoying seeing the current arrivals on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK.  Come on people....stay in the know and sign up so you can see the new finds.  Some items sell right from INSTAGRAM ....IT'S EASY!!!!! 


Warm regards,
Bonny


  
Bonny Neiman Antiques & Artisan 
p.973-714-4541
315 B Springfield Avenue | Summit, NJ
Monday-Saturday 10:30-5:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment