Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Christmas idea and easy treat!

 One more week! I don't know about you, but today was my day to get really organized and make lists for all those last minute details. Yesterday, after a busy day at the store, we met my sisters family in the city for a stroll through Bryant Park and then dinner and dessert. On our way back to NJ we swung through the food store as they were closing so I could start today cooking and baking before we head to St. Anne's in Fair Lawn to hear Matt sing in the choir tonight. 

 


Such a funny coincidence is, although I met Matt only 2 years ago, he sings and performs at my elementary school Church which was my family's parish for years. This year my sisters and I are taking my Mom back to our Church to hear his choir and it will be nostalgic visiting together.

Today my granddaughter and I spent some time making these super simple cookie pops and I thought you may want to know the details if you are trying to squeeze in baking with a little one.


Just buy the sugar cookie batter that comes in a tube and roll small balls.




Roll each cookie ball in sprinkles of your choice....









Place skewers or popsicle sticks in each center.




Bake on parchment paper in 350 degree oven for a few minutes until brown.




And presto, simple, easy and fun!

I also wanted to share with you something I started years ago to add to our holiday fun.  The week before Christmas (didn't do it yet)  I email everyone coming to dinner with "THE CHRISTMAS QUESTION!"  Everyone emails me their response...some are long, some are one or 2 words. I print them all without the names and each person gets a copy of the answers when we are all together and they have to guess who answered each one....it's more fun than it sounds and the winner gets bragging rights for a year! One year I asked "Hollywood has lost all the holiday movie archives and had to remake them...which role would you play in a Christmas movie?"  
We had answers of "I would be Marv from Home Alone because I look like him when I haven't had a haircut in a while" and someone else answered "Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol because I like having the last word!"  Another year was "you are one of the 3 kings, what gift would you bring to the newborn child?"  Answers included "what would I bring to the King of Kings?? Stewed meat, of course, because I love stewed meat!" Another was "I would bring him a snuggie to keep him warm in the cold manger and those swaddling clothes don't keep out the scratchy hay" someone also said "a Swiss Army knife because everyone needs one".   My family loves games and this is an easy one to do for all ages.  Do you have any traditions that create some laughs?  
 
From all of us at GreatHouse we wish you a joyful holiday with family and friends and a year of peace and joy!  Happy Holidays!  

We will be open Christmas Eve until 2 pm, closed Christmas and regular hours December 26th.


Love and hugs, 
Bonny




Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay in touch about the latest happenings at GreatHouse and to be in the know about our super special flash sales you will not want to miss!  

 
Please note delivery and shipping is available on all items
EMAIL ME with any questions.

   
GreatHouse Bonny Neiman   
p.908-522-8900
12 Beechwood Road | Summit, NJ
Monday-Saturday 10:30-5:30

No comments:

Post a Comment